Updated on: February 08, 2012|  PrintPrint


After you receive all the documents listed below, please apply for College Student Visa at the nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate as soon as possible.


(1) The letter of admission (enclosed)

(2) Passport

(3) The Certificate of Eligibility (to be mailed later)

International Office will apply for the Certificate of Eligibility at the Tokyo Immigration Bureau on your behalf. We will send you this Certificate immediately after the Immigration Bureau issues the document (around late-February). When you receive this Certificate, you must apply for visa.  Please be sure to bring this Certificate with you when you enter Japan because you need to present it to the immigration officer at the part of entry.


If you enter Japan in “Temporary Visitor ”status, it is difficult to change it to "college student"  status after your arrival.  You must obtain “college student” visa in advance.